WE ALL TAKE OUR CLOTHES OFF and then we put other clothes on. Changing is easy, right? But when it comes to our smiles, well, we take them EVERYWHERE we go. What do YOU think about YOUR smile? If you could… Is there a little thing, or perhaps a big thing you’d change?
Smile design techniques and materials today, combined with our team’s artistic eyes and extensive training, make having an absolutely gorgeous smile more affordable and easier than ever before.Most people are a little unfamiliar with the terminology behind smile design, so here are some short definitions:
- Whitening – Smile whitening is one of the most common cosmetic dental procedures—sometimes called “tooth bleaching”. Many whitening options are now available—including lots of over-the-counter products. But dentist-supervised treatments remain the recommended procedures for lightening discolored teeth.
- Contouring – Contouring is often referred to as tooth reshaping. It can sometimes be used to correct minimally crooked teeth, cracked teeth, chipped teeth, and overlapping teeth. It’s a procedure of subtle change and is commonly used to alter the shape, length, or position of teeth.
- Bonding – Enamel-like dental composite materials are applied, through bonding, to a tooth’s surface, then sculpted into shape and beautifully polished.
- Veneers – Veneers are custom-made and fitted, thin porcelain laminates that are bonded directly to teeth. They’re often a great option for closing gaps or disguising teeth that are discolored and don’t respond to whitening procedures. Many times, some tooth reduction is necessary—depending on each particular situation.
- Minimal Prep Veneers – Prepless veneers are becoming more popular as materials and procedures continue to improve. This is being driven in part by the increased desire of patients to minimize or prevent the removal of healthy tooth structure. Not all cases are right for minimal-prep veneers—but sometimes it can be a great solution.
What is the very best way to determine exactly what’s right for you and YOUR smile? Simply make an appointment to visit with our Lake Oconee office today. Our entire team is absolutely passionate about our patients’ smiles. We have seen beautiful smiles make a dramatic difference in the social lives and careers of patients. It feels good having the self confidence to smile. We look forward to your visit! Call us at 706.453.1333.